Even the next block over can be an adventure - Troublesome Creek that winds through Hindman, Kentucky is where my adventure began

Friday, April 2, 2010

Yon: Kentucky State Parks are Travel Gems

Lately, I've been busy writing posts on state parks for Uptake.com. Since Kentucky is part of my stomping ground, I took on three of them--John James Audubon State Park, Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park and Natural Bridge. Add these to the post I wrote on Mammoth Cave for a bit of an overview of what Kentucky has to offer.

All this writing about Kentucky State Parks gave me a hankering to head to Kentucky. Natural Bridge and Ft. Boonesborough, here I come. Both places will be my 8 year-old son's version of heaven. He's a wonderful traveling companion and up for anything, particularly if a gift shop is involved. Kentucky State Park gift shops will not disappoint.

Luckily for me, I found out about a lodging deal that the Kentucky State Park system if offering from now through May 27 and again from August 15 to September 30. Rooms, excluding Friday and Saturday nights, are $59.95 plus tax. That's a considerable bargain. Our AAA rate was going to be $95. Here's the post about the deals.

If you live anywhere near Kentucky, don't miss out on a bargain. You won't be disappointed. A state park resort stay is simple, casual and a sort of down home fun you won't easily find elsewhere. Plus, the lodge dining room food is excellent and affordable. Ohh, I hope hush puppies and catfish are on the menu.

The photo of the child is of my daughter when she was about 4 years-old standing on top of Natural Bridge. We were on a short jaunt to Hindman, Kentucky and stopped by here for a quick look see.

This photo was taken by james.thompson.

(The photo of the warbler was taken by Birdfreak.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment