Even the next block over can be an adventure - Troublesome Creek that winds through Hindman, Kentucky is where my adventure began

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yon: Adriana Trigiani, featured speaker at the Thurber House

If there's one writer who is an expert at hither and yon, it's Adriana Trigiani. I inhaled Big Stone Gap and headed straight to its sequels.

As a person with roots in Appalachia, I could easily switch in my mother's hometown with Trigiani's creation.

Her version of Appalachia is a refreshing change from the fare that usually gets the press. You know--the broken down cars and refrigerators outside in the yard version.

Tonight, Columbus, Ohio book lovers are getting a treat thanks to the Thurber House. Trigiani is the featured speaker as part of the Thurber House's Evening with Author's Series.

Somewhere in between the years I spent living in Taiwan, India and back in Ohio, Trigiani has been busy writing. The woman churns out books. My word, I have a lot of reading to do!

Meeting her will be a welcome reprieve from these days of socked in from the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment